5 oz butter
4 oz powdered sugar
3 egg yolks
½ lb Antimo Caputo soft wheat flour "00"
1 lb ricotta cheese
½ lb granulated sugar
½ lb Valgri' Grano Cotto Pastiera Napoletana
3 oz milk
lemon zest, grated
1 oz Rebecchi Millefiori Aroma Doppio Concentrato
vanilla extract to taste
cinnamon to taste
3 oz mixed candied fruit
1 oz butter
1 oz powdered sugar
A pinch of salt
30 minutes preparation + 1 hour and 30 minutes cooking
- Put the flour and butter into a food mixer, mix until grainy.
- Then blend in the yolks, the powdered sugar, the vanilla and mix
- When the dough is ready, wrap it in cling-film and leave in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of 0.2 inch, use it to line a cake pan and prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Put the ricotta into a bowl with the sugar and mix together.
- Finish by adding all the ingredients for the filling, mixing together well, and taking care not to let it collapse.
- When the filling is finished lay it in the lined cake pan.
- Make strips of pastry and lay them crisscross across the top of the cake like a fruit flan. Bake at 360°F for about 1hour and 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy from Academia Barilla